Strategy and Tactics
BAK Economics + own secondary research + techn. research
Management of the Mandates
Agreement on investment strategy
- Individual mandates and choosing / definition of the risk category
- Various reference currencies
- Consideration of specific client needs
Implementation of the investment strategy
- Actives Management
- Tactical over- or underweight of individual asset classes
- Timing and selection
- Constant monitoring of composition and risk profile
- Performance attribution
Direct investments are placed in fixed income titles and in stocks in the following markets: Switzerland, Europe and USA.
Special topics or regions; Open Architecture Approach.
Broad diversification, Fund of Hedge Funds, precious metals.
Derivatives are primarily used for hedging.
Investments are made following these 4 criteria:
Basic investment (ca. 1/3)
Stocks in countries/regions (Switzerland, Europe, USA, Emerging Markets). Preferably investments are made in ETFs or index funds. Classical investment funds can be considered.
Dividend-paying stocks (ca. 1/4)
Selection of the dividend gems in the Swiss, European and US markets.
System based selection (ca. 1/4)
Proprietary approach; profitability, leverage and liquidity, operative efficiancy, ratings.
Special positions / trading (ca. 1/6)
Taking advantage of special trading situations; investments are usually made directly but can also be embedded in funds.
For information in person please contact:
Telephone:+41 61 225 52 71
Sallfort Quality Investing
“Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.” – Warren Buffet
Value investors invest in a stock if they assume it is currently undervalued and the so-called intrinsic value is higher than the current price. This approach offers significant profit opportunities, as soon as the market recognizes the true economic value of a company and rewards the stock with a rising price.
Sallfort Privatbank has developed a quality approach on three stock universes (CH, Europe, USA) and has a long-term experience in the management of value investing as investment consultant and asset manager.
- Investment concept according to a clearly structured approach
- Discipline in the implementation
- Risk management
In the portfolio design, we also want to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Positive returns regardless of market development
- Low volatility
- Generating cash flow for the investor
- Quality stocks before growth stocks
3 stock universes (CH, Europe, USA)
- SPI Swiss Performance Index
- STOXX Europe 600 Index
- S&P 500 bzw. NASDAQ Composite
System based quantitative pre-selection
- several valuation figures
- scoring method
- specially developed algorithm
- selection of the most suitable stocks
Subjective fundamental assessment and technical analysis
- forecast of sales and earnings development
- consideration of special factors
- technical chart analysis